Arduino Uno board
ITEAD 3G shield
Freetronics screw terminal shield
Davis wind sensor
20W solar panel
Solar charge controller
DC-DC Step down convertor
Sealed lead acid battery(18 hr)
– Assemble DS7911 anemometer and direction vane.
– Attach antenna cable to simcom chip (needs little bit of force)
– Push simcom chip onto ITEAD modem shield
– Set ITEAD modem shield jumpers as above.
– Attach antenna and mount on board
– Insert activated AldiMobile SIM card
– Strip wind sensor wires and connect as above to screw terminal shield; Also connect 10k resistor as above.
– Connect hook up wire from B3 to D3 on screw terminal shield.
– Join all shields together.
– Download Arduino IDE Software
– Download FreeflyWindstation code and open using Arduino IDE.
Note: This software is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License and is NOT Open Source software..
– Upload FreeFlyWindstation program to UNO board over USB cable.
– Send me your IMEI(on chip) and I will create you a graph page on freeflywindstation.com.
– Connect Battery and Panel to charge controller
– Connect DC-DC converter input to battery and set output voltage to ~9.5volts..
– Connect DC-DC converter output to screw terminals VIN and GND.
– Here is the simple circuit we have just created..